The Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3 series has some exciting features! We’ll be here to alert you of the latest versions of software for this newest phone in Samsung’s line-up, along with what new updates are available to download. Stay tuned for more details!
The Galaxy Z Fold 3 will get four major Android upgrades, including Android 12, Android 13, Android 14, and Android 15. This smartphone guarantees to receive at least five years of security updates as well.
Current stable version: Android 13
Exactly how long until Android 14 is released? It is estimated to be out by December 2023/January 2024 (estimated).
The latest updates to the Samsung Galaxy Z Fold phone
Galaxy Z Fold 3 users in Europe are now getting the stable Android 13 update, SamMobile reports. The One UI 5 update allegedly bears firmware version F926BXXU2DVK3.
We’re hoping to see more regions get the update in the coming days. You can manually check for the update by tapping Settings > Software Update > Download and Install.
- November 8, 2022: Security patch F926U1TBS2DVJ1 landed on the Galaxy Z Fold 3. As per SamMobile, the update is currently available for all carrier networks in the US.
- Samsung announced today that the October security patch will be arriving on Galaxy Fold 3s on T-Mobile’s network soon. Starting with T-Mobile, the update will slowly make its way across other networks and firmware versions. The update includes fixes for more than ten different security vulnerabilities and should be ready to download in the next few weeks.
- September 6, 2022: The Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3 in South Korea is getting the Android 12L update. Samsung promised that the update would be rolling out to all markets soon and you might not have a long wait. As per SamMobile, the firmware is numbered F926NKSU1DVH9 and has One UI version 4.1.1.
- Galaxy Z Fold 3 customers received a new firmware update on August 3rd with version F926BXXU1CVG8. The update was around 4GB and included the August 2022 security patch per SamMobile.
- July 7, 2022: The Galaxy Z Fold 3 got the July 2022 Android security patch (via SamMobile). No new features were added in the update.
- The new update includes eSIM support as well as a few new camera features.
- April 11, 2022: The Samsung Galaxy Fold Z 3 is now receiving the April 2022 Android security patch. Per SamMobile, it’s an important one, with a fix included for the “Dirty Pipe” exploit. However, The Galaxy Fold 3 shouldn’t have been susceptible to this exploit anyway, but it’s certainly nice to know everything is secure.
- On the eve of a new month, Samsung is rolling out its latest update for the Galaxy Z Fold 3. Per Ars Technica, it’s a big one, too, with updates weighing in at over 1.1GB. Along with “overall stability” improvements, firmware version F926BXXU1BVA9 includes Stock app updates for Penup to Samsung Internet.
- In January 2022, Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3 models received the October 2019 security update with firmware BZ1BUL8. This update fixed more than 60 security issues issued by both Google and Samsung.
- December 7, 2021: Samsung has released the Android 12-based One UI 4 to the Galaxy Fold. The update commenced in South Korea.
- On November 4, 2021, Samsung rolled out the November 2021 update for Galaxy Z Fold 3 phones in South Korea and some global markets. According to SamMobile, the firmware version included F926BXXS1AUJB for Europe and F926NKSU1AUJ7 for South Korea. Despite different versions named, both updates pack the November security patch from Google and an array of additional security fixes from Samsung.
- The Galaxy Z Fold 3 in Europe received an update on October 21, 2021, with firmware version F926BXXU1AUJ7. This update included the October 2021 Android security patch, a list of Samsung-specific security patches, and a new pet portrait mode.
Let us know which Galaxy Z Fold 3 update you’re rocking in the comments below. And, don’t forget that you can tip us if you’ve spotted an update we haven’t mentioned!